Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The snake and the rat

Sk sk sk sk, sk sk sk sk Hissed the snake in menacing might
Chu chu chu chu, chu chu chu chu Mocked the rat in sheer delight
Flabbergasted, baffled beholded, this strangest sight did I in eyes
What confidence, what self-assurance, had the rat with death no fright

And what a war broke out between them, there are no words to describe
Hissed and jumped and standing hairs, both on me and rat beware

I was such a stupid fool to, think that I am nothing here
Each has to play by his strengths, with God and even Death no fear

So the rat tired this snake out, and ran afar laughing away
And so did I with smile on face now, and new courage come what may

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...