Monday, July 09, 2012

Verses for the Day


From ashes rises a phoenix
I thought a lot of the meaning
And then realized that for true change
We must first destroy the old

No point in going fast
When the next light could well catch
Have an aim and goal
But know that life could fall short

I looked at the mirror, and keep looking at it
Sat down to write, but wondered why
There has to be, surely a deeper reason
Why I came, I looked, sat down to write


Rakshasa, dear Rakshasa, you exist within me
As Ravana, in Ramayana, you play your role with ease
I need be good, I need be evil, and evil you are in me
For only good, and only evil, will leave the world diseased


I understand this world, this nature, this existence
They why this self-doubt, this safekeep, this hold back
A purpose fulfilled, is what gives most peace
Not money, not progress, not relations we upkeep

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...