Monday, July 09, 2012

Poetry of Youth


Why do I miss, the poetry of my youth
One look at a girl, my heart would miss a beat
The sight of a green leaf, would make me pleased
Fresh fruits felt tasty, so did reaching them on trees
Even crowd and dust, not disturb inner peace

I would run hard, feel tired, yet be at bliss
Water felt like nectar, or was it really nectar
The air had a fragrance, with no flowers around
Reading and writing felt ecstatic, as only simple pleasures can

No, it wasn't love, that caused the happiness I felt
I know the age was 24, when contentment met
I think I know the reason now, it has lay within
I feel I was in touch, with my very self and being

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...