Saturday, October 13, 2012

Once again we will meet

In the midst of bitter wars, as a soldier lying fatigued
My love your thought, gives the calmness I seek...

I think of our village, in the midst of mountain and wide sea
The fragrance of jasmine, ripe mangoes and fresh rain
And you my love, appear smiling and shying

I dream of our families, friends and those we know
The taste of mother's food, well-water and the jackfruit
And the memory of your kiss, parches my lips

Those days my dear, will come back again
They beckon to me, each time I wait for death

In moonlit lights once more, will we sneak from our homes
Meet at the river bank, kiss the full moon in water

Once again O beauty, we will hide in the fields
Roll over each other, kicking the grass beneath

On evenings in the beach, again we sit
Watching the sand, between fingers slip
While you see smitten, the evening sun set
I will admire you, your beautiful face turn golden

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...