Friday, October 05, 2012

The Wait

I waited across the street, alone and weary
The rain came pouring, but the mind was thirsty
Just one look, is all that I needed
Like just one shot, of a drug to last the night...

Gone are the days, O long gone are those days
How I have survived, without another look
Is it the rejection, the failure, the taunt
Or the memory, sweet pang, that lasted

I saw you walk away, many times not once, yet waited
Had to keep watching, till you walked out of sight
There was no hope, and I killed the semblance left off
As if to burn in hell-fire, ignited by myself...

Of what use is pain, why suffer a loss again
Can will power withhold, a pure heart's want
And innocence and happiness, get crushed in the rut
When the mind and destiny, conspire against us

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...