Sunday, February 05, 2017

The desire to possess, and then boredom

This is so true of anything you want to possess in this world. At the base level, objects. Be it the latest gadget or car or even home. And yet deeper, the desire to possess family: First the anticipation / the thrill of even not knowing what to expect, and then the boredom.
I have felt it for every gadget I looked forward to, whether purchased or gifted to me didn't seem to make a difference. Only the fact that it belonged to me, like the laptop from work or the Android phone I purchased. But in time, I've felt the feeling wane down. So much so, I now recognize and know that this is what will happen!
Likewise it is with family, you start a family and automatically have a series of expectations. Only it's all unfair. You can only, and only, do your duty. To them, your family. It's for yourself you are doing this duty, whether you like to portray as a sacrifice or not. With children, this expectation is even more deep-seated. For you truly change everything about yourself to make their life be good. But still, realize, you are doing it only for yourself.
The possessing or owning of things and being part of community, be it family or society is not incorrect. But the feeling of possessing or owning it is the beginning of the downfall. Have the feeling of serving each of the roles entrusted to you, and let each one fall off when you start with the next role, be it in your day, or your life. And feel that liberated feeling, the load lifting off, the openness in your embrace!!

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...