Thursday, August 09, 2012

Mother and Child


Child of Mine,
How did you know, just by my touch,
That I am yours, mother of yours

How come it happened, you quieted in hush
When in comfort, of only my hug

Or was it my surprise, that you were telling
That you are mine, baby of mine

If looking for miracles, just look at a birth
A life created, when there was none

Why is it, that you chose me
Why is it, that you smile at me
Why is it, your first word is Amma
Why is it, you first love me

Why is it, that I have your food
Why is it, my kiss always consoles
Why is it, I can put you to sleep
Are these questions, that answer themselves


Mother of mine, I always was you
First as a longing, waiting in you
Now as a child, belonging to you

Mother of mine, I am part of you
As moonlight ever, belongs to moon

Mother of mine, you chose me
You are this Bhumi, life-giver in nature
That Goddess on which, creation subsists

Mother of mine, I smile at you
You created me, and still are in awe
As if you choose, not to know your power

Mother of mine, my first word is you
Your name in veneration, is sacred of all
Purer than even, holy chant Om

Mother of mine, my first love is you
You chose to love, before you knew me
And know you will love me, whatever be

Mother of mine, you have my food
It is the prasad, only a God gives
Though you are the one, devoted to me

Mother of mine, your kiss always consoles
In that you tell me, all pain will go
And if you are there, I can bear all else

Mother of mine, you put me to sleep
Your heartbeat and voice, as when I was inside
Had taught me rhythm, brought me to life

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...