Sunday, June 05, 2016

True Story..Covered Up!

It was all well planned. A child had gone missing, and I'd blamed the dark forces. Civilized society couldn't be allowed to sink into chaos. So they needed a reason, a scapegoat to blame. And using means circumstantial as reasons, I was made the fall-guy.

But I knew this had happened, and I can repeat it to anyone they way I clearly remember it. Let anyone point out inconsistencies in my version. It's a nightmarish event I can't forget:
I and the child had got into the cave, We had seen the plaque markings in series, and had wondered earlier why. She was my only solace, this girl I'd adopted. All innocent of four, her parents lost to war. But perhaps that's what, was thought to be of her.
Her face angelic, I always thought she wasn't from here. I always dreaded when her true claimant would come, and that's exactly what happened.
We had a deep bond, she fully trusted me. She was now 7, and we would take our long walks, both loved the mountains for some reason unforseen. It is only I realize, we were being pulled by her destiny.
One late evening we saw, this open cave midway to the top. I could've sworn I'd not seen it before, but then again, wasn't a regular trekker. This cave welcome, with a faint light coming from within. A plaque numbered "1", just close within the entrance, was just the right invite to the adventurous. To know where's the next number, and why that light far within. But it was late evening, and getting dark, and I forbid it against her will, and we returned.
But the next time we went, I'd forgotten about it, but she'd very well planned it. It was only late afternoon we reached the cave, and she insisted. I let out a sigh, not knowing how to dally. So off we went within, she even had a torchlight. We saw a "2", and only when we reached the "3" did I realize that the sunlight was not behind, and yet the number illumined.  I told her let's get back, she knew I wouldn't have it any other way, and she started running further. I caught up to her, and this time sternly said we are done.
But just when we started walking back, her a faint sound far behind, taking her name! It startled me, and made me let go of her hand. Just the chance she needed to dart within, her curiosity piqued. And I regret doing that, to this day, and will do so till the end of my life.
I ran behind as fast as I could, following the faraway torchlight. But after one turn there was a T-junction. and both sides were illumined, as if by fire-torches. And to confirm my fears, both sides had 4. My love had an instinct, and I knew which way to go, I was in tears, my fear of losing her coming true..
And that's when I encountered, this smiling pot-bellied person. He was dressed in ancient, an Arabic sultan like costume. He commended my will, my truth and my love, for there was no other way, I could've taken the correct route. But he said my time with her, had to come to an end. She was special, and had to be returned, to the abode she belonged. I could not touch, then realized he was either a ghost or an illusion. He blessed me with one last view of her. A transparent wall, perhaps a screeen behind which I beheld her still running. But when I went there, I only crossed her. It was just a screen, with another one after it. I instinctively crossed, perhaps hoping to get away from him and maybe towards her. Only to see a small cage door shutting another exit from the mountain.
I looked behind, and there was only darkness. She was gone! I pushed open the cage door and crouched out. Now this below me is that hole I crouched out of. The cage door is gone, and as I too agree, inside this hole, within visible sight, is only a wall. And yes, this is at the other side of the mountain we found the cave in. And nobody has seen that cave since, not even me. It was there to call her, and take her it has.
But society wanted answers, and those I had none. My grief of losing her, had numbed my mind. So answers were woven. My live-in partner, equally grieving, said my story did sound concocted. An earlier roommate whose barking, red-eyed dog I'd always detested, said I was known to steal and hide things, which the dog had hated.
My workplace colleagues were made to say in unision I had issues. I was "not interested" in work, good enough comment to create a negative perception in public, but of course not legally holding them compliant. Smart move government, or public prosecutors!
All my social media pieced out, by government or "ethical" hackers. Of course the ethical hackers found nothing, and since they'd done a faster job, the government didn't get enough time to plant something.
Physical evidence couldn't be placed, for they feared if the girl is "dug out" (god forbid) from someplace else, they'd have a hard time explaining.
So well, the girl was last seen with me, and my only defence was this incredible fact. (Even my lawyer suggested I say she was kidnapped, and I hadn't seen the license plates, but I'd refused for that wasn't the truth).
I am in this prison, as the search and trial prolong. And I know this is where I'll be, and don't want to be outside anyways, till my time on Earth. that pot-bellied messenger, his ever peaceful face, hope it fulfills my last wish, that life after at least, be in the place he took her, in my child's abode!

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...