Saturday, March 12, 2016

Test tube babies do have souls

This was a confusion that is being debated and had been a confusion in my mind. Though the scientific, moral and philosophical debate can continue, I for one am clear on the question in my mind: will babies born without a mother's womb have souls. This question has been ever since sheep were cloned in my mind. I have my closure to this now: Yes, they will.

There are loads of texts on why souls try to find the right body for them to fulfill karmic debts, and achieve liberation. One method which Swami Vivekananda recounted in Jnana Yoga says they come via the rain and get in through the food, and form the life in the sperm and fertilize the egg (like the seed on the soil). Even if that is not the means and the soul comes to "possess" a life body already in the womb for them (to put it simply). Or even if you say the sperm is "artificially" created. Either ways you are not beyond the purview of Maya (nature in simplistic terms).

So yes, as long as the conditions are correct, and a life form is formed, a soul will occupy it to fulfill its karmic debt. There is no relation to the parent's body to fulfill the debt. Although I've read that the soul might come to possess some relative, well-wisher, again to settle karmic debts. The reason why we attract or repel to certain people beyond logic in this life.

The next question in my mind is if souls possess every life, even an Amoeba say.
Also if reincarnation is true: Somehow in my mind it isn't..

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...