Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10 Day YOU Challenge

Informed and encouraged by Deepa, I too plunge into the 10-Day You Challenge. Initiated (and perhaps created) by one of her friends, it a unique soul-searching experience if you introspect deep enough

 And I must add that from my understanding, it's not really a "Challenge" per-se. It should be called "10-Day You Quest", for that's what it's more like (if the creators are listening..)

So the concept goes thus: Over 10 days, we soul-search and list the the following in our blog-




Well, one of Deepa's secrets was that she should've been a lawyer. I agree! For she found a loophole in the law, and said: "Nobody said it has to be 10 consecutive days". And so the new (and convenient for all of us) rules are that we'd do it over 10 weekends days (I've even late by those standards!)


In our case, there's me, Deepa, Swapna, and a few more of their friends I guess.
But any of my readers, if you want to take it up, I think it's a good exercise in introspection. Perhaps would help reset some of our priorities a bit.

So without further delay in this hour of night, here goes my list:
  • When in a quarrel, I only look at the other person’s weaknesses (typical Virgo). Have learnt to not blurt it out, but it still happens within
  • I am the cause my friendships have drifted away. I just didn’t keep in touch, although I think a lot about them.
  • Embarrassed at episodes in my life, when I told what I felt not considering what the other person would go through. Just being true to oneself is not enough, it is rather immature. Still look back and feel equally sorry and embarrassed for those instances.
  • When emotionally charged, can’t keep my voice steady. Cannot shoot back and argue if it affects personally.
  • Unable to let go of the biggest dreams I couldn’t fulfill.
  • I did not pursue some things I most loved to do (maths and music).
  • I consider myself a good singer, poet, actor and cricket opening batsman!
  • I’m a foodie with weakness to sweets. I still deny that my metabolism has slowed now (and it shows!)
  • My role models: Rina Panigrahy, Wasim Akram, Shah Rukh Khan
  • Of the Gods, I am most devoted to Lord Shiva. Of Nature, I admire the Sun the most (all life is provided for by the sun).
  • My closest friends are Jyothi, Vikas, Crispino and Renjith. Why: For I can tell them anything without being judged (or losing the relationship) and can trust them with it.
 Pretty honest, ya? Well, what can I say, I try, hehe :-D
But I did not say this earlier (or you wouldn't have bothered to read ahead): Keep your dirty secrets to yourself! Sorry, I mean, your real secrets.. :-)
Seriously, think about what you are prepared to deal with if someone sees you sharing a mutual secret on the internet, or that no one feels offended...like my other close friends, hahaha..:-)

Enjoy maadi!

3 comments:

Deepa from FictionPies said...

You know whats strange. All 3 of my other friends have also written in some way or the way of how friendships have drifted away and people dont keep in touch anymore. It is true. Even with all the social networking and technology, Skype, ISD called, video calling, chat etc its become worse than it used to be before.

I am going to have to google Rina Panigrahy :) Hate Shah Rukh Khan ! As a showman he's good ! As an actor sucks .. except for Swades and Chak de !

You should still pursue your dreams. If not as a full time thing then as a hobby, dont let it go.

Singer? Never heard you sing ! You should have in one of our fests. and Actor? Wow ! You've got to have been acting really well, man you should have taken part in something !

Diary-RTOAC said...

Hey Deepa, I said "In my opinion, I'm a good singer, actor, etc", so it need not be objectively true. And a good example is that you didn't know I sing. Obviously my attempt in college to clear the eliminations was that forgettable..You remember I'd sung Yesudas's "Ka Karoon Sajni"..although Vishal Laddha later said it's 'cos I made the mistake of choosing a slow song for a college competition! Well..true!

Deepa from FictionPies said...

Now that you bring it up, I remember it now Yes ! But that does not mean it was forgettable, far from that. I just have a Gajini memory .. ! I forget people I have met so you should not even expect me to recollect events !!!

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...