Sunday, February 18, 2007

Guts and Glory

I stand by the gate, wind blowing on my face
Tired leaves run, a moment's rest, then haste
Bright yellow flowers let be, or Konkani weeds
Many a beautiful, are outcast as these
Moisture in the air, droplets on my skin

Smell of earth, a fragrance in smell
The grass wet green, inviting delight
Yet I look up, at the darkening skies
Impending gloom, with the sun gone shy
And there I notice, in undeterred flight
Birds swaying yet, their aim at sight

I look down in thought, this time towards mountains
Those that make, this place a valley
I think in depth, then cry out in heart
Majestic Massif! As strong as scruples
Give me that patience, that will power and might

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...