Saturday, November 17, 2018

Eating only fruits at night

In one of the spiritual talks I heard a reference that:
- One who eats twice a day is a Bhogi (Rajasic deluded in world pleasures)
- One who eats thrice a day is a Rogi (Tamasic who is bound by negativity)

Medical science also asks to keep a four hour gap before a meal. Jain teachings advice is to have your last meal before sunset. Even Akshay Kumar claims our stomachs don't need anything after 6pm in the evening.

Well, I've used the recuse of migraine. But as my age increases and metabolism slows, it might be a good idea to stop indulging at night.
I even feel the stiffness and slightly constipated especially in winter season, with the current food habits, where one isn't going to bed hungry.

I'm also not a fan of the evening cook.

So overall want to give the evening fruits-dinner, or at least light-dinner mode a try.

It would be interesting to see the results. And to hear from others whom I try to recommend this, about their experiences.

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...