Thursday, April 24, 2014

It is not strange

It is not strange, it is no wonder
That I am born, that I am scared

I was here before, what if I remember not
I have died before, what if I still deny

The waters in the ocean, have bathed me once
The forest fires, cremated me with honor

This earth I was born of, still kisses my feet
The tree I breathe of, grow even without me

It is still not strange, that worry gnaws my heart
For the lives that feed me, I keep burning to death
I scorched the earth and polluted the water
I brought harm to life, even lives like mine

It is no wonder, that I realize inside
I have destroyed, the future of my child
For I am this life inside, not the man on the mirror
For I created nature with purpose, and kill it with none

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...