Sunday, September 25, 2016

Reduce breaths and live longer

It's been my continuous experience in meditation: Breaths automatically slowing down. To the point of not breathing. And yet, the feeling of being relaxed. Then, very slowly, breathing happening slowly. But once I get conscious of this, I feel the breath rhythm is disturbed.

But I had this theory, which I recently also heard again coming from a Vedantin. That of the 21,600 breaths in a day (with each breath of 4 seconds), as you reduce a few, you live longer.

Another aspect of breath as we know: If you breathe deeper, your mind is calmer. When you are in agitation, be it physical, mental or emotional, you breathe faster. If this prolongs in day, you exceed the 21,600 count and it reduces the life-span by that much. Which also holds up scientifically, where it's well-known that prolonged agitation of these aspects is bound to make us ill, which will obviously reduce life-span.

In the end, what we need is the primary awareness of life being a game, a dream in a forever cycle. So take the awareness of a witness while involved in Karma, fulfill your role and come out of this cycle.

So..let's breathe deep!

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...