Saturday, November 19, 2016

Narasimham series Part 8: The visit to temples

Part 7 | When I came out of the meditation, did I realize. What seemed like eternity, was just a few moments passed. And such is the beauty of true meditation, the ability to grasp the Source. I stood up now quite sure. The dawn had just broken, and the crimson sun was on the rise. The Devi and Narasimham temples would just have opened. I performed my ablutions in a nearby stream. Quenched my thirst, my hunger long mastered. And briskly darted to the temples at visible distance. The Narasimham temple was first, to express my gratitude. Though for reasons unknown, it was he who protected, this mortal life at risk. As I sat in quietness, within the sanctified temple premises, I felt that bliss again, settle deep within. The temple pujari I knew, but he too knew I'd renounced. So there was a surprise in his look, but the priority were the morning Abhishekam. When the pujari stepped out of the sanctum, he suddenly startled looking at me. And down fell the thali, with the kumkum he was getting for me.. 

No comments:

I've switched to artoac1.wordpress.com

Dear reader, I've switched to WordPress upon getting the pop-up that the current Blogger app is not configured to the upgraded version ...